Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Taste of Summer


It's so annoying that my pictures always get out of order. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? It drives me crazy!! Anyways, I'm not going to worry about fixing it now because that takes too much time. We have been having so much fun with this warm weather. The kids have loved being outside going to the park and the zoo and whatever else we can think of doing. The above picture is of Russell "helping" Kevin build a dresser. He was totally into it...it was fun to watch him crawl around and grab all the pieces. Don't worry, we only let him have the big pieces:)


This is a picture of Kevin and the kids on our hike to Twin Falls on Memorial Day. It was so much fun and the perfect length. We only went to the first lookout, but it was just nice to be outside and hiking. Janey had a ball and even walked all the way back to the car from the lookout, I was pretty impressed! After we got home we BBQ'd some chicken and let the kids play in their new pool. It wasn't quite warm enough for pool play but they Janey was dying to get in and once Russell saw her he was freaking out until we put him in as well. They had fun so that's all that matters!


Russell and I at the zoo. The Kids loved seeing the animals. It was our first experience at the Woodland Park Zoo. We went later in the evening so there weren't too many people...it was great! As we were there a bird totally almost flew into my head! We were just walking down the path and I was looking at Janey our something and when I looked forward I saw something coming straight for my head. I ducked really fast and then realized it was a bird. Kevin said it was only about a foot above my head... good thing I ducked! I swear the birds had it out for me that day:)


I just thought this picture of Russell was so cute. He was watching Kevin work in the yard and he was being extremely cute...of course :)


And here is the sweet taste of summer! I love Slurpees and after a little hike we went on at clark lake park it was well deserved. We thought that the trail went all the way around the lake, but once we got halfway around the lake the trail ended! We tried to off road it for awhile but it didn't work! It was a fun walk but it ended up being a lot farther and longer than we intended. Needless to say, we deserved this tasty slurpee from 7-eleven. I love these things and as you can tell...like mother like daughter. Maybe it got passed onto her after all the slurpees I had while pregant with her :)

6 comments:

jjstringham said...

I love Russell's onesie (Prince Price). Your kids are so cute.

And now for the picture stuff. Go to the Edit HTML tag after you upload your pictures and you'll see a whole paragraph of garbledy-gook. Every picture you upload will start with ' < a onblur=' and ends with ' < / a > ' (I had to enter extra spaces in there to actually get it to show up in the comments). It's usually about five lines of garbledy-gook. Just highlight those five lines or so, cut, and paste where you want the picture to go. Hope that made sense! (And also, I've noticed that if you upload multiple pictures at once through blogger that it enters them in reverse order of the upload list. . . so if you have five pics or less you could just enter them in the reverse order of how you want them)

Sara said...

i LOVE that picture of Russell! He is so cute! It deserves a frame.

aleisa said...

Thanks Jamie!

jack!e @ One Saturday Morning said...

Your kids are adorable! =)

Stephanie said...

I love these pictures of your kids! I didn't even notice what was on Russell's onesie until Jamie pointed it out! That's so cute! By the way, I went to ShabbyBlogs.com because I loved your new background and apparently I REALLY loved it because after I was all done fixing all the html stuff I realized it was the same one! What a dork! HA HA!

Rasmussen Family said...

Slurpee's!!! That just reminds me of dances all summer long!