Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's been too long

It's been too long since I have posted. For journaling purposes I am going to list the things that we have done since I last posted.

My Mom and Dad came for a visit at the end of April. My Dad stayed the weekend then went off to work in Canada while my Mom stayed the rest of the week with us. We had a great time weeding in our flowerbeds, planting bushes and flowers and just being together. Thanks Mom for making our yard look beautiful and for taking care of the kids while you were here! It was great...Janey wanted her to do everything, she wouldn't let me do anything for her (sorry mom...but I loved it)!

This past weekend we went to the Rhododendron gardens. It was beautiful and a perfect time to go. Since it was mothers day weekend I got in for free! It was also the last weekend for the other part of the garden, I cant remember right now what it is called. It was beautiful and the kids loved it too.

Mothers day was amazing. Kevin spoiled me as usual with breakfast in bed, taking care of the kids all day and making me dinner. The kids let us take a nap and later that evening we went to Flaming Geyser and walked around. Thanks Kevin for all that you do for me and the kids...you are the best!

On another note, Russell has recently started to crawl. He's not up on his hands and knees but he does a little army crawl. It is really cute and he is pretty fast at getting to where he wants to go! Needless to say I am having to keep my floors swept and vacuumed alot more often then I used to. I guess that's a good thing.

Other than that we are just waiting for summer to arrive so that we can get out of our house and enjoy the outdoors. Cinderella isn't as fun to watch after the 100th time...well I guess Janey thinks it is :)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oooh, I can't wait to see your yard! I still need to dig out that raspberry plant. I'm just not sure what to put it in. I guess a box would work. Duh!
That's so exciting that Russell is crawling! I can't believe how big he's getting! And so cute! I miss seeing you doing V.T. I need to call you more often!

Jana said...

Janey and Russell looked so cute on Sunday. I loved Russell's tie :) We need to do another playdate with our two year olds. Mostly for you and me ;)

Ashley said...

Your blog is so cute! I love your background. It was fun to see an update.