Thursday, April 16, 2009

We Love Thursdays

Why do we love Thursdays? Because it's garbage day! I never knew that I could love garbage day so much...and it's not the getting rid of the garbage that I love so much (although I love that too) but it's the entertainment that it provides :) For the past few weeks my kids have been totally enthralled watching the garbage truck. Every time I hear the garbage truck we run into the living room, sit on the couch and look out the window! The kids are even entertained just sitting looking out the window anticipating seeing the garbage truck. Obviously Russell has no idea what's going on, but he loves to play with the back of the couch and the window...and once the garbage truck has arrived he loves watching it too! To get an idea of how much we love this activity, Janey was praying this morning and prayed for the garbage truck...it was so adorable. If you are ever wondering what to do on Thursday mornings...watch for garbage trucks (or whenever your garbage day is) I find that even I am amused by this activity :)

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

I love garbage day as well, but I love it b/c I get to clean out my fridge the night before! :) Me and the preschoolers do enjoy checking out the trucks in action though!

jack!e @ One Saturday Morning said...

haha I'll have to keep this in mind when I have kids!

Laurel said...

Last week I was caught staring out the window at the garbage man as well! Wow....okay that didn't sound right. I meant garbage TRUCK. Staring at the garbage truck. Seriously.

Enjoying life one day at a time.. said...

Your Garbage truck must not come at 0530 am like ours does...at least I am never late to work on Fridays!

Megan said...

Isn't it amazing how easily entertained children can be. It is so fun to watch them.