Monday, September 14, 2009

What I've been up to


Thanks to my friend Crystal I have been inspired to start canning...so that is what I have been up to. I have canned pears , peaches, tomatoe soup (thanks Crystal for the yummy recipe) and I made some yummy peach freezer jam! In the next few days I plan to make some applesauce. I must say I feel very domestic. This is my first experience with canning and I have actually really enjoyed it. Thanks to Kevin for helping me...it has been a good experience and it feels good to get some food storage!


This is my yummy freezer jam. I don't know why but those little plastic freezer jars make me really happy...weird I know :) When I first made this jam every thing I ate was planned around it (biscuits, pancakes, toast, etc)...it is that good! Okay enough bragging, I am just really proud of myself!

5 comments:

TamBaum said...

Very impressive! I canned once, no need to do it again.

Mel said...

A jam that is eaten in one sitting in our house is that good! Next time you can I want a piece of the action- I'm really jealous you have all that canned fruit.

Stephanie said...

You go ahead and brag. You should be proud! I say next year we have a big ward canning get-together! Wouldn't that be so fun? Now we just have to figure out who's house to make the big mess in! :o)

kelli aagard said...

That looks so yummy! I always feel so proud of myself after canning too. I usually put it away and not touch it because of the satisfaction you feel when you look in your pantry or freezer. I finally start eating it when I have forgotten about all the work.

Sara said...

Those little containers make me excited, too! They're perfect! Pat on the back for you. That's a lot of work.