Sunday, January 17, 2010

Way Too Long!

It has been way to long since I have posted anything...so for those of you who don't want to read a long boring post about the last month...I completely understand!

Before Christmas we headed to Portland to visit Kevin's sister and family and to pick up Kevin's parents. We stayed in Portland for a few days and then came back home and brought Kevin's parents with us. We were so lucky to have them with us over Christmas...the kids absolutely loved having them here!


While in Portland before Christmas I took Janey to see the Nutcracker. We went with my mother in law, sister in law, and her daughters. It was so much fun and Janey was so good! It was the first time I had ever seen it and it was amazing! I shot this picture before I got in trouble:) Too bad Janey was being silly and wouldn't look at the camera.


Janey helps me make Christmas Eve Dinner...and yes....we are wearing matching aprons!:)


While Kevin's mom and I make dinner and prepare for Christmas, Kevin, his dad, and Russell work on building a train track all day long...and I am not exaggerating when I say ALL DAY! They were pretty funny. I guess that's what you can expect when you get two engineers together and I engineer in training!



Here are the kids after dinner waiting to hear the Christmas story. They did pretty good with their little attention spans. Kevin's dad read the story and then we sang some Christmas songs...it was a good night!


After we read the Christmas Story we let the kids open up a present. We let them open up the Super Hero capes that I made them (thanks Katie for letting me get the pattern). As soon as they put them on they were of to save the world! They ran around in them for quite a while and Kevin captured this great picture of them running past each other!



Russell on Christmas morning


Janey on Christmas morning






After Christmas we took the kids sledding. They weren't so sure about it to begin with but ended up having fun.

We had a great Christmas vacation. It was wonderful having Kevin home for two weeks. We did a lot of fun things after Christmas such as the Childrens Museum, the zoo, and just hanging out at home playing wii and relaxing!

Oh yes and I cannot forget the most important thing we accomplished over this vacation....Janey got potty trained! It literally happened in one day...she was so ready and it is so great!

3 comments:

jjstringham said...

I hate you. Potty trained in one day? Ridiculous.

Stephanie said...

-those pictures are so cute
-I too loved the Nutcracker - saw it for the 1st time last Christmas
-love the matching aprons
-love the superhero capes
-all the engineers working on train tracks is SO funny - my dad and brothers are total engineers so I understand
-congrats on the potty training!

Lacey said...

I LOVE your hair and I must say that I think you are super domestic---the matching aprons and super hero capes?!!!---seriously--you're amazing!!