Monday, March 14, 2011

Stuff

I feel as if I have been fairly productive lately. Productive in the sort of way that I clean my house...I am pleased with myself...and then ten minutes later it is a complete disaster again! Seriously, how does this happen? How do people stay on top of it? Lately I have been in the mood though where I am okay with it being a little messy, this creates a lot less friction between me and the kids:)

I have finally finished some projects that have been in the works for months. Meaning, I started them, couldn't formulate in my brain how to finish them, so they sat untouched/or not worked on for months. Take this chair for example. I started recovering it with my Mom way before Ella was born. She did most of it, but then she left and I had no idea how to finish. All that was left was sewing the bottom part together on the top cushion and recovering the arms. Try as a might I could not figure out how to recover those arms. The other day a lighbulb came on in my brain and I sat down and had it all finished in about 15 minutes...with the kids at my side! I can't believe I waited to finish it for that long when that was all it took!


I made a fort today for the kids. My kids destroy forts, for some reason they don't know how to enjoy them and play in them. I decided to make this one more sturdy by using the kitchen table. It was way too much effort for how long they used it. Lets just say I had to do a lot of sweeping and mopping before they played under there (who knows what kind of stuff they would have been sitting in!) They had fun for awhile pretending like they were going to sleep under there. I will be honest though, it did not distract them for as long as I had hoped :)

This is a cedar chest in Russell's room that took me forever to reupholster. I had the material forever and never did anything with it, I thought it would be too difficult. I finally decided to just do it and it took like 5 minutes. It looks so much better and looks way cuter in his room now.

Ella is now officially in her own room. I don't know why I had such a hard time moving her out of our room. Maybe because it means she is not such a little baby anymore? I don't know. I like the way it has turned out though...there are just a few more things that need finished (crib skirt and bumper)

I found this rocking chair on sale for ten dollars on craigslist. I was super excited because I needed a rocking chair in Ella's room. The great thing about it was the lady only lived like 5 minutes away! I came home and decided it needed a seat cushion. I whipped one up that night because I am awesome like that (I hope you sense the sarcasm). I was pretty happy with the way it turned out though! It looks super cute in her room especially with the cute blanket covering the back that my friend made for Janey when she was a baby! That baby blanket just tied everything together!

Janey and Russell are obsessed with flossing there teeth lately.

I had no idea his mouth could get so big. He was being super silly.


This is the first time I straightened Janey's hair (I've only done it twice). She looked so different I hardly recognized her and I could not believe how long her hair was....I had no idea! She was so cute about it and couldn't stop looking at herself in the mirror! It was the main topic of conversation for days.

Janey with straight hair wearing the dress I made her awhile ago. For some reason she has decided she doesn't want to wear the dress anymore (grrr). So we dubbed it her straight hair dress. Now if she wants straight hair she has to wear the dress (this is a plus because she is recently obsessed with me straightening her hair). She is way to fashion conscious for her age:)

Doing fun twirls in the dress. Seriously....what little girl wouldn't want a fun dress that twirls up like that!? Apparently mine doesn't.

That was a lot of random stuff.


3 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so impressed with (and jealous of) your sewing skills. Someday...

Stephanie said...

I like random. It's like getting a little piece of your life.

I do the same thing with projects. It drives me crazy when I look back at how long I put it off because I just couldn't figure it out and then when I just sat down to do it it took no time at all! But look how much you have to show for your efforts! Yay!

Kohler Family said...

Wow Aleisa! Lots of cute projects! You are amazing & my idol!