I have been thinking for a long time that I really need to stock up on food storage. I did pretty well last fall trying to buy extra food every month but since then it has slipped my mind. If your anything like me you have no idea what to buy or how much stuff you need. My sister sent me a link awhile ago that calculates how much food storage you will need for your family for an entire year. When you put in the numbers and it shows you everything you need it's a little overwhelming. I like it though because now I know what I NEED to get and how much. Of course I can't go and purchase everything at once but I can start a little here and a little there. Here is the link if you want to check it out...it's pretty cool!
http://www.thedisasterguard.com/
on the left hand side there is a box that says food storage calculator. Click on that and it will take you to the page where you can put in how many people are in your family and then it will tell you how much you need.
Owen's Beach
6 months ago



2 comments:
That link doesn't work (you've got an extra "t" in it). I found the site though. :)
Food is good but don't forget about the water...you live close enough to a stream you could use a purifier. The best advice I ever read was to 'store what you eat, and eat what you store' No sense in having 500 lbs of wheat if you don't use it regularly.
Post a Comment